Monday, September 24, 2012

Tracy, I'm a fan

So, this morning was day 1 of my Tracy Anderson workouts. I have to say, so far I'm a fan. Several things I liked right off the bat.... 1.) she doesn't talk much. for someone like me who would rather focus on the move than hear the annoying voice of someone counting out reps, I find this a refreshing change to the typical video with instructors who incessantly talk. 2.) She is the only one in the video. There is no distracting class behind her or "models" for modification. It's the closest thing to a one on one training session.

She wasn't kidding when she said you will use muscles you never knew you had! I'm down on all fours doing things with my legs that made me feel parts of my leg that I didn't even know existed. I have no doubt, by Wednesday I will be blogging that my legs are killing me. You start off your hour with 30 minutes of dancing. I felt a little silly in the beginning, but I get the point; cardio. Ever go to a wedding and sweat your butt of bc you have been dancing for hours? Its that concept. Have fun and sweat while you're doing it. You have the option to make your own music mix too! Once you get the hang of the moves, its pretty easy to put that to any music. I will be doing this for sure.

I spent about 3 hours last night blending, boiling, and chopping food for her different recipes. This is going to be a KILLER to stick to. Its very rigid. And for someone who needs a complete overhaul to their diet, this is a perfect detox. like I said, I will stick to it as best I can, but I'll be honest, I don't have hours and hours of extra time to prep this food. If you get the basic concept of "eat clean" don't eat processed foods full of sugar and salt, you'll certainly loose weight.

Day 1: Complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment